The meeting of the Co-Chairs of the India-Russia Inter-Governmental Commission on Trade, Economic, Scientific, Technological and Cultural Cooperation (IRIGC-TEC) was held on May 10, 2017 in New Delhi. Smt. Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister, led the
Indian delegation; while H. E. Mr Dmitry Olegovich Rogozin, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, led the Russian delegation.
The two leaders reviewed the progress made on various bilateral issues since their last meeting on September 13, 2016 as well as the preparations for the forthcoming India-Russia Annual Summit to be held in St. Petersburg on June 1, 2017.
The meeting was held as the two countries are celebrating 70 years of diplomatic relations. External Affairs Minister and Deputy Prime Minister noted with satisfaction that the Roadmap of Events adopted in October 2016 during Bilateral Summit Goa is being enthusiastically
implemented and many more events are being added by all the stakeholders to commemorate the milestone. The deep and strong friendship that the celebratory events showcase was also visible during the IRIGC meeting. There was convergence of views and interests
on a wide array of issues.
External Affairs Minister and Deputy Prime Minister agreed to closely work in the weeks and months ahead to take forward collaborative projects in the following areas:
- Civil nuclear energy;
- Joint projects in third countries;
- Development of critical technologies for human spaceflight programme;
- Establishment of Navic-Glonass ground stations to enhance resolution of the images from constellation of satellites; ·
- Application of Navic-Glonass navigation signals for traffic management;
- Design, development, assembly and testing of total hardware and firmware required for GLONASS-NAVIC GPS Receiver;
- Early launch of FTA talks between India and Eurasian Economic Union;
- Operationalization of "Green Corridor” to facilitate expedited clearances of consignments of agreed list of exporters facilitated by the respective Customs Administrations based upon exchange of consignment data on real time basis;
- Organization of a motor rally along INSTC (International North South Transport Corridor);
- Further strengthening Energy Bridge between our two countries;
- Mutual investments in such sectors as diamond mining & processing, IT & IT enabled services, agriculture & food processing, metallurgy, infrastructure, and automobiles;
- Development of inland waterways in India;
- Project for upgradation of high-speed infrastructure on the Nagpur Secunderabad railway segment;
- Collaboration in manufacturing and technology transfer for construction of specialized engines / pumps
- Collaboration between Russian manufacturing and Indian ICT (Information and Communication Technology)
- Renewable energy and energy efficient technologies;
- Observational exploration as well as for biological sample collection;
- Trade in seafood, agro and dairy products;
- Cooperation at sub national level including states, regions, cities;
- Participation in each other's premier trade events;
- Fostering further stronger academic and research linkages;
- Joint Indo- Russia Collaborative Research Centres (CRCs) in universities;
- Mutual recognition of degrees;
- Disaster relief;
- Cultural Exchange program;
- Joint Film Production
- Befitting celebrations during this year's International Yoga Day;
- Facilitation of visa systems and procedures.
Following the meeting of the Co-Chairs, DPM Rogozin called on Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
DPM Rogozin also met National Security Adviser Shri Ajit Doval.
May 10, 2017