- The Second Round of Expert Level Talks between India and Pakistan on Conventional Confidence Building Measures was held in New Delhi on 08 August 2005. Mr Dilip Sinha, Joint Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs, led the Indian side. Mr Tariq Osman Hyder,
Additional Secretary (UN&EC), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, led the Pakistan delegation,
- The talks between the two delegations were held in a cordial and constructive atmosphere.
- Both sides exchanged views on their respective security concepts.
- The two sides exchanged views on various proposals and agreed on the following CBMs:
- Reaffirmed their commitment to uphold the ongoing ceasefire.
- To implement the 1991 Agreement between Pakistan and India on Air Space Violations in letter and spirit.
- Upgrade the existing hotline between the two DGMOs by end September 2005.
- Not to develop any new posts and defence works along the LOC.
- Hold monthly Flag Meetings, between local commanders, at Kargil/ Olding, Uri/ Chakothi, Naushera/ Sadabad and Jammu/ Sialkot Sectors.
- Speedy return of inadvertent Line crossers, and to work out a comprehensive framework to that end.
- Periodically review the existing CBMs.
- The two sides also agreed to report the progress made in the present round of talks to the respective Foreign Secretaries, who will decide on the date and venue of the next Expert Level meeting on Conventional CBMs.
August 08, 2005