Know India Programme
Know India Programme (KIP) is a flagship initiative for diaspora engagement which familiarizes Indian-origin youth (18-30 years) with their Indian roots and contemporary India, through a 25 days orientation programme organized by the Ministry with a 10 days
visit to one or two State(s). Preference is given to Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) from Girmitiya countries. Six KIPs are being organized in a year. A maximum of 40 Indian Diaspora youth are selected for each programme and provided full hospitality in India.
90% of the total cost of international airfare is also paid by the Ministry. The entire process of applying, processing etc. is through KIP portal(kip.gov.in).
So far, 59 editions of this programme have been conducted successfully with the participation of a total number of 2301 PIO youths.
The content of the programme broadly includes the following
- Presentations on the country, political process, developments in various sectors.
- Interaction with faculty and students at a prestigious University/College/Institute
- Presentation on the industrial development and visits to some Industries
- Visit to a village to better understand the typical village life
- Visit to Agra
- Visit to one or two focus states in India
- Interaction with NGOs and organizations dealing with women affairs
- Visit to places of historical importance/Monuments
- Taking part in Cultural programmes
- Exposure to yoga
- Call on high dignitaries, which may include Vice President of India, President House, Parliament, Union Ministers, Governor and Chief Ministers of partner states. Etc
- Visit to President House and Parliament.
- Visit to Scientific Institutions of India.
- Guidelines for Know India Programme LOGO Design Contest-2019
Further details are available on