The Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of El Salvador H.E. Ms. Adriana Mira de Pereira is visiting India from 1-2 May 2023 for the 4th round of India - El Salvador Foreign Office Consultations (FOC).Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version
2. The FOC were held on 01 May 2023 at New Delhi and were co-chaired by Shri Saurabh Kumar, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs and Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ms. Adriana Mira de Pereira.
3. Both sides reviewed their bilateral relations and chalked out the way forward. They also discussed bilateral cooperation in diverse sectors including trade and economic, health and pharmaceuticals, ICT and eGovernance, energy including renewables, development cooperation and capacity building, culture and education.
4. Secretary (East) invited El Salvador to participate in the India-LAC Business Conclave being organized by CII in August 2023 in New Delhi.
5. Both sides positively assessed their ongoing cooperation at the regional and multilateral fora.
6. This interaction follows shortly after the visit of Smt. Meenakashi Lekhi, Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture, to El Salvador in January 2023; that of H.E. Ms. Alexandra Hill Tinoco, Foreign Minister of El Salvador to India in February 2023, and the interaction between External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and Foreign Minister Hill on the margins of India-SICA (Central American Integration System) Foreign Ministerial meeting in Panama on 25 April 2023. It is indicative of the growing strength of bilateral relations between the two countries.
April 30, 2023