1. Hon’ble Vice President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar will visit Cambodia from 11-13 November 2022 to attend the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit and the 17th East Asia Summit. Cambodia as the current Chair of ASEAN is hosting these Summits. Vice President will be accompanied by External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar.Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version
2. Vice President will attend the ASEAN-India Commemorative Summit in Phnom Penh on 12 November 2022. This year marks the 30th anniversary of ASEAN-India relations and is being celebrated as the ASEAN-India Friendship Year.
3. On 13 November 2022, Vice President will participate in the 17th East Asia Summit which comprises the ten ASEAN member states (i.e. Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, the Philippines and Vietnam) and its eight dialogue partners- India, China, Japan, Republic of Korea, Australia, New Zealand, the United States and Russia.
4. During his visit, Vice President will also have bilateral engagements with the Cambodian leadership. On the margins of the Summits, he will hold bilateral meetings with leaders from other countries as well.
5. While returning from Phnom Penh, Vice President will also visit Siem Reap to review the preservation and restoration work being undertaken by India at Cambodian heritage sites.
7 November 2022