At the invitation of the External Affairs Minister (EAM), Dr. S. Jaishankar, Foreign Minister of the Islamic Republic of Iran, H.E. Dr. Hossein Amir Abdollahian is on an official visit to India from 08-10 June 2022. This is the first visit of H. E. Dr. Hossein Amir Abdollahian to India since assuming the office in August 2021.Click here for Urdu version
Click here for Bengali version
Click here for Gujarati version
Click here for Kannada version
Click here for Malayalam version
Click here for Odia version
Click here for Punjabi version
Click here for Tamil version
Click here for Telugu version
Click here for Assamese version
2. India and Iran share close historical and civilizational ties. Our bilateral relations are marked by strong linkages across institutions, culture and people to people ties.
3. During the delegation level talks, the two Ministers discussed the entire gamut of bilateral relations including political, cultural and people to people ties. EAM appreciated the role of Iran in facilitating India’s medical assistance to Afghanistan, including supply of COVID-19 vaccines to Afghan nationals residing in Iran.
4. Both sides acknowledged the significance of bilateral cooperation in the field of regional connectivity and reviewed the progress made at the Shahid Beheshti terminal, Chabahar port. The sides agreed that the Chabahar Port has provided much needed sea-access to landlocked Afghanistan and has also emerged as a commercial transit hub for the region, including for Central Asia. They reaffirmed their commitment to continue to cooperate on the development of Chabahar Port. Teams from both countries will be meeting soon to address operational aspects.
5. The Ministers also discussed international and regional issues, including Afghanistan and the sides reaffirmed the importance of providing immediate humanitarian assistance to the people of Afghanistan and reiterated the need for a representative and inclusive political system in support of a peaceful, secure and stable Afghanistan.
6. The Iranian Foreign Minister briefed EAM on the current situation pertaining to the JCPOA. The two Ministers also exchanged views on the Ukraine conflict and its repurcussions.
7. During the visit, Iranian Foreign Minister called-on Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi and also held a meeting with the National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Kumar Doval.
June 08, 2022